Thursday, April 14, 2011

Back to the workbench

I have a couple of pieces I'm hoping to move fairly quickly. I have some bills to pay and I want to pick up a couple of things before this year's season hits full swing. So I cut out and did the base profiles on a few knives that I'm going to be offer up for sale shortly.


They are ready for heat treat, which I hope to do this weekend. After that, they'll be scaled up and have leather sheaths made for them. I was given a couple pieces of ebony and holly from Mark of OlliN swords to play with so I'm thinking that two of them will have those as grips. The other two are up in the air. I'm also being tempted to do a wood sheath for the Mary Rose knife (one with the lobed handle and short blade at the top). There were a couple of fish shaped sheaths found on the wreck, and it would be a nice addition to a piece already based off of that find.

No comments:

Post a Comment